A cryptocurrency portfolio can be managed with the help of a crypto fund in Malta
. It can also be defined as a collective investment scheme, and experienced investors choose this option due to the advantages offered, including protection and safety. Find out from our company formation agents in Malta
information about this type of investment fund.
Crypto fund registration in Malta
Crypto funds in Malta can be registered as Professional Investor Funds (PIF), with authorization from the MFSA (Malta Financial Services Authority). Let's review some information about this topic:
- • PIF is the most used collective investment scheme in Malta due to the flexibility offered.
- • A minimum investment of EUR 100,000 is recommended. Other currencies are also accepted.
- • A collective investment scheme license is required to establish a crypto fund in Malta. This is obtained if you comply with the Investment Services Rules imposed by the MFSA.
You can learn more about the crypto fund in Malta if you talk to our local agents.
How can you promote a crypto fund in Malta?
The promotion of PIF to attract funds and credibility can be done with the help of the various existing business structures in Malta
. For example, you can choose to open a crypto fund in Malta
as a limited partnership, an investment company with fixed capital or variable shares. However, there is a set of rules that must be respected when choosing to invest in virtual currency through crypto funds in Malta
- • You must have a custodian, a compliance officer, an auditor, and a fund administrator.
- • It is necessary to consider the anti-money laundering rules in Malta and implement them in the company.
- • Valuation and verification of crypto funds in Malta are recommended.
Setting up a crypto fund in Malta is quite easy if you follow the rules and policies imposed by the MFSA. But in order to understand from the very beginning what this type of fund entails, we invite you to discuss it with our company formation agents in Malta.
Management of a crypto fund in Malta
Opening a crypto fund in Malta requires special attention on the board. We will review some of the implications in this direction:
- • The directors appointed for the company with the help of which a crypto fund was opened must have experience in digital currency and the technologies used.
- • A portfolio or investment manager is necessary to check the qualities of the cryptocurrencies in which the investments are made.
- • The internal investment committee must have the necessary skills to operate in the digital currency field in Malta.
If you choose to collaborate with us and establish a crypto fund in Malta, you will be able to benefit from a series of services, including drafting required documents, management services, due diligence, and collaboration with entitled and relevant authorities. Talk to our local specialists if you decide on such type of investment.
Investing in Malta
If you want to expand your business portfolio in a safe business climate, then Malta
can be an optimal choice in this sense because it is an extremely appreciated financial center. With a stable and highly competitive economy, excellent infrastructure, and an experienced and multilingual workforce, Malta is an appealing destination to international investors. Below you can discover a few statistics about Malta's economy:
- Around EUR 231,446 was the total FDI for Malta in 2021.
- Financial and insurance services absorbed the most foreign investments in 2021, around 97% of the total.
If you want to know more about the crypto fund in Malta
, please contact us
. Our specialists can offer you the necessary support in this endeavor, but also for company formation in Malta